Monday, November 8, 2010

Houston Quilt Show

Here's a sample of the 137 quilts that I took pictures of at the Houston Quilt Show.  I got Janel in one of them.  I am going to try to get 100 or so of them into a picasa album.  On Sunday, Janel and I walked around almost all of the big cemetery on Broadway.  I took pictures there until my camera battery gave out.  I need to go back and take some more.  It was so interesting.  There were graves there from the 1800's and even a few earlier than that.  There were well known people from Galveston's history, some who died in the 1900 storm, many veterans who were in the World Wars, Civil War, Spanish American War and War of 1812.  Some interesting carvings and inscriptions, of course.


3 comments:

Bonnie@TheFragileXFiles said...

I love the Wizard of Oz one.

sheilasanderson said...

How is at the Festival 4 & a bit days and I see quilts here I do not remember seeing? Did see the hat one & the frog, hope you are going to post more

sheilasanderson said...

How is at the Festival 4 & a bit days and I see quilts here I do not remember seeing? Did see the hat one & the frog, hope you are going to post more