Friday, January 14, 2011

BJPJan

My first Beaded Journal Project block - for January.  I'm going to do a different tree each month.  This one is supposed to look like a winter tree with bare branches and snow.   Don't know why it's a little blurry.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love trees, what a brilliant idea! I ended up doing a winter tree for my January piece as well, though I hadn't planned to when I started.

Raphaela said...

Congratulation for finishing your January page. I love trees as well. I am looking forward to your trees during the seasons.

Anonymous said...

I'll probably post about it tomorrow, but meanwhile my unexpected tree can be see at http://www.flickr.com/photos/elettaria/5357648153/. I'm not planning to do trees for the whole project, though who knows what'll end up happening! It's my first year and I'm very much a novice beader. The nice thing about beading is that it's fun and pretty even at the beginner level.

Robin said...

Great start, Kay! I'd sure love to see a sharp photo of your tree... Do you have a macro setting on your camera? Sometimes blurry comes from camera shake, especially in low-light situations where the auto exposure requires the shutter to be open for a while. You might try re-photo outside with high overcast skies where there will be lots of ambient light. I know you (and we) will all be happy to see it (and future trees) in focus!

Robin A.

Anonymous said...

I have always focused on trees in my artwork, even going back decades to art classes in college. I will be excited to see your pieces this year, and I love the one for Jan, fuzzy photo and all. It says January perfectly, and reminds me of Andrew Wyeth who spoke of the "bones" of the earth in winter depicted in some of his most famous paintings. Well done!

Laura said...

This definitely fits January very well! Lovely!