Reading the Outlander Series made me really wish I could go back to Scotland for a visit, so I went through my pictures from when I was there in the early '90s - views that Claire and Jamie would recognize. First, a Highland cow, the ruins of Melrose Abbey (would have been better without people), Clava cairns which is an ancient burial ground, Culloden battlefield, sheep and heather which is such a common sight in the Highlands, a restaurant or pub in old town Edinburgh, St. Giles Cathedral where I got to go to Sunday services and it was there in Jamie's time, and then a photo of a close (in the old town) which is what they call a kind of space facing the backs of buildings on all 4 sides. Some have only 1 entrance and some more. I just realized that I don't have a picture of a loch in here and I took some good ones - one with the ruins of a tiny castle in the middle of the loch on a tiny island. Also, there are good ones of the grounds and interior at Dalkeith House where we stayed. Maybe another time.








No comments:
Post a Comment