Wednesday, September 29, 2010

FOL Quilt Hanging

We finally had our official hanging of the Friends of the Library Membership Tree quilt last night.  The Friends group and library staff are the ones who wanted an official hanging with a reception afterward.  I didn't think it was that big a deal and was afraid that no one would come.  But as it turned out, we had a fairly good turnout and it was very nice.  Mike took some good pictures.
 I think it will look better when we get more members and so have more leaves on there.  There are 105 now and Alma got 3 more memberships last night.  I told her to start a pile of leaves on the ground now.  That will look nice and the ground is a little bare at this point.  John drew us a nice design and I'm glad for all the help that I got.                                                                 

No comments: