Thursday, September 2, 2010

mystery quilt

These are part of a mystery quilt challenge that I started that is is American Quilter magazine.  You had to start with 7 focus blocks and then pick fabric to go with them.  I took a big panel with a picture of a beautiful garden it it and cut it into blocks.  The other 3 focus blocks are cut in a diamond shape instead of square.  This is what I have after part 1.  Instructions for part 2 come out in a week or so and when I have finished with that, I have to send another photo to the magazine with the completed blocks.  They will choose 10 or so to be mailed to them so that they can pick the winner.  Mine won't be one of the 10 as there are always so many who do such fabulous work.   But I really, really like mine.    

No comments: